PDA

View Full Version : Monitor Interference

eightballuiw
November 24th, 2003, 23:55
I know of many people having side by side monitor setups using 2 video cards. Well in my case I want to have two computers running and I want the monitors side by side. The only problem is I am getting interference on my monitor (slow moving horizontal bar that scrolls down the screen, very light and hard to see but enough to be noticed). I have also received this interference when I have placed one of my video monitors by the computer monitor. Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

ProfClayton
November 25th, 2003, 08:48
Simple answer... but it might make you look like a Roswell believer...

<center>monitor -- 18" square of cardboard wrapped in foil -- monitor</center>

The foil wrapped cardboard will null the interference.

Sounds kookie but it works.

eightballuiw
November 26th, 2003, 00:35
That is an answer I wasn't expecting. Reminds me of putting foil on the old t.v. antennae to get better reception before cable. I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the advice :)

littlepunk29
November 26th, 2003, 22:42
it is your refresh rate
the same thing happened to me when i had a crappy video card for one and a good card for the other...i couldn't up the refresh on the crappy one, and i couldn't stand to look at the other one with the refresh turned down...

just make the refresh rates match and that should fix it

eightballuiw
November 26th, 2003, 22:50
I'll make sure they are running at the same hertz. It's kinda common sense but I must have not been thinking straight. The video monitor I have though doesn't have an adjustment knob for the hertz so I might try the foil box for it.

Thanks

littlepunk29
November 28th, 2003, 12:02
right-click on desktop > properties > settings > advanced > monitor
i don't have a knob or anything on mine...this is how i adjust it