PDA

View Full Version : ripping dvd clip

The Draykin
August 28th, 2007, 01:33
I've tried several ripping apps. and finally got one that worked well. Only problem is it's in two clips (don't ask) and I'm using window's movie maker to publish it, but it distorts the video. Both clips are in avi 720X480 and windows movie maker exports as wmv 720X480. Anyone know why it's distorting it? I'll probably just throw them in aftereffects and combine it there, but I still want to know why it's distorting it in case I run in to the same problem with after effects.

Otaku_Zero
August 28th, 2007, 08:39
it probably has to do with how it's interpreting the pixels, like whether they're square or not.

If your clips are distorting in AF, there is an option to change the shape of the pixels. Sorry, I don't know what or where it is off the top of my head.

Professor Watkins
August 28th, 2007, 08:51
How is it distorting it? Squashing it, shearing it, what?

The Draykin
September 3rd, 2007, 22:32
I ripped the titles, but they're in mpeg-4 and neither versions of after effects and premiere I have recognize them. Will the version we have at school allow me to edit them?

Professor Watkins
September 4th, 2007, 07:25
Make sure you've got the most recent version of Quicktime. The mp4 compression is probably H.264 based, and if you've got an old version of Quicktime that Premiere is referencing, then you won't be able to open them.

Also, remember that if you've got Quicktime Pro, you can do some basic editing there. Just copy and paste.