PDA

View Full Version : Maya Redraw....something's wrong

Professor Watkins
September 6th, 2006, 13:56
In JB108, something is askew with the new Gateways.

They are running really slowly in certain situations. Inside of Maya, the redraw of menus is so slow, you can count to 3 sometimes before they come up. Makes for a very sluggish and slow workflow.

I'm trying to isolate the problem:

- The video cards don't have the up-to-date drivers; but I've installed the new ones on one machine and that didn't solve the problem.
- Maya is at 7.0.1 and only 7.0 is installed. The update is big; so I couldn't get it downloaded yesterday. I will try and bring it in and instll and see if that fixes it.

Not sure what' happening there. Even the software is slow to load. It's like something, some process is working in there between the user and the software that's slowing it down.

I'll report more as I find it. In the meantime, Tony, do you have any ideas what might be causing that?

Tech Support Services
September 12th, 2006, 14:35
Downloaded the update to Maya 7, but it appears there is a Maya 8 update available for download. Can we use that instead? We'll be ready to go this Friday and do whatever it takes to get Maya running to your satisfaction.