PDA

View Full Version : Snakes on a Plane

ProfClayton
April 4th, 2006, 08:59
Oh dear... this looks bad, but it's gatherin a cult following like no other movie.

There are fansites galore about this movie. They are making their own trailers, music videos, hats, and t-shirts.

This is the first Hollywood film to stem from a single idea... the title. The producer literally came up with the title and asked some writers if they could make up a movie about 'Snakes on a Plane'.

New Line is releasing the film and they haven't done a site yet... all they are doing is linking to a Fan Site every week.

One of those fan sites is www.snakesonablog.com and the guy actually got asked to go to the premiere.

He's an NPR clip that talks about the phenomenon:

http://www.snakesonablog.com/swp/wp-content/uploads/2006/03/nprsoap.mp3

Here's the trailer:

http://www.primotechnology.com/hosted/alex/snakes.htm

Heaven help us all.

ProfClayton
April 4th, 2006, 09:01
rotflmao

molina
April 4th, 2006, 11:20
hiuk!

jennyrockets
May 25th, 2006, 18:04
i saw an interview with samuel l. jackson. he said that he requested to be in this film and that when they thought about changing the name (because it gave to much away) he thought it was a terrible idea and told them to keep the original name.

oh, and my boyfriend showed me this one a few weeks ago. it made me giggle.

hopper2k
May 25th, 2006, 21:56
at least we're finally getting something original.

Pharoah
May 25th, 2006, 22:08
So is this supposed to be a short that plays before a movie or something... i mean how long can a movie be that is about some snakes on a plane??? Just land the plane at the nearest airport and evacuate, DUH!!!

Thomas Monberg Thompson
May 25th, 2006, 22:41
HA, I allways thought I was haulucinating when I saw this title being talked over at CGtalk. And it certainly is origional, an origional piece of crap

hopper2k
August 19th, 2006, 03:20
this was excellent.

FakersInc
August 24th, 2006, 21:18
Oh how our society is falling apart.....

At least its not another remake of a 70s film. :\

jlamparter
August 25th, 2006, 18:15
I'm off to see it tonight, hope it's not a total waste >_<

mojosalsa
August 25th, 2006, 18:32
The guy in the office next to mine is real excited about this movie. He kept coming over and standing in my doorway and alternating between shrieking/whispering "snakes on a plane!" I'll let other people see it first.

jennyrockets
August 27th, 2006, 20:39
I did not enjoy this movie. I actually whispered "I'm bored" while I watched it.

hopper2k
August 27th, 2006, 21:22
you should be fine if you go in not expecting Schindler's List.

Erik
August 27th, 2006, 22:48
I saw it and it was pretty much what I expected which was snakes on the plane

jlamparter
August 28th, 2006, 15:22
Well I didn't full see the movie, I went with a group of friends well just 4 others besides me and some of them were getting offended at the sexuality/gore in it. So we walked out after the "mile high club" part and the guy going to the restroom. We were able to get a refund so it wasn't a total loss.