PDA

View Full Version : King Kong

ProfClayton
December 16th, 2005, 23:44
In a word... "WOW!"

The first act was a little slow and tedious, but the second and third acts just flew by.

My favorite part: Kong cracking the jaw of that T-Rex.

Least favorite part: Jack Black. 'nuff said.

By the way, I think I sat behind and to the right of acarrera and his folks (Friday night, Northwoods, 8 PM showing).

hopper2k
December 17th, 2005, 00:00
overall, i liked it...had the best and worst vfx i've seen (compositing issues)...great individual scenes, as a whole, it was a bit drab...never felt the relationship between kong and girl...first time i've ever gotten dizzy in a regular theater...made me want to go out and buy the original kong DVD...kong seemed to be flawless...a definitely MUST SEE in theaters...would i see it again? yes.

acarrera
December 17th, 2005, 01:33
Peter Jackson did a great job to me. :) yeah it had its slow moments but overall amazing. Cant wait to get the DVD! i was ablr to see a strong relationship between the girl and Kong, thats what made the this movie so great to me. Peter Jackson knows how to capture emotions. :)

Let's keep rocking! ;)

Jeremy
December 17th, 2005, 13:22
overall, i liked it...had the best and worst vfx i've seen (compositing issues)...great individual scenes, as a whole, it was a bit drab...never felt the relationship between kong and girl...first time i've ever gotten dizzy in a regular theater...made me want to go out and buy the original kong DVD...kong seemed to be flawless...a definitely MUST SEE in theaters...would i see it again? yes.

I agree, I wasn't sure if I was the only one that saw this...? There were alot of compositing issues that just looked really bad, mainly (of course) with putting the girl in Kong's hands... but movie-wise I thought it was great. The animation with kong and the dinosaurs etc was amazing... But maybe Weta needs some help in the compositing department? Because I noticed alot of things that I personally didn't think were film-worthy in LOTR as well, but maybe I'm just being picky...