View Full Version : "Serenity Now! Serenity Now!....."

Matt McGehee
September 19th, 2005, 23:13
Go see this movie!

Here is the official movie site:
http://www.serenitymovie.com/

Otaku_Zero
September 20th, 2005, 00:06
I think my friend Derek knows her. Didn't she play the naked computer girl in one of those flop Sci-Fi shows on the WB?

ProfClayton
September 20th, 2005, 06:54
Firefly is one of the best shows ever to never get a fighting chance. Mal Reynolds and the crew of Serenity were so much more likable than any of the Star Trek crews (except for DS9).

I really liked this show and was saddened when Fox canned it after a dozen or so episodes... they put it in the Friday night slot right before John Doe for crying out loud!

Anyway, SciFi has been replaying the season since the start of August (for those too cheap to buy the DVD set) and I've been TiVoing and wathcing them when I have the time.

I will be there next Friday night (it opens on the 30th, although its been screened for fan-boys in major cities since March) and will have my big tub of popcorn and my soda.

Maybe I'll start a "Serenity" Movie Group thread and we can all go see it together on Saturday afternoon/evening or something.

I am looking forward to this movie.

Nice to know that you know someone on the cast Matt... maybe I can get her autograph someday. ;)

Otaku_Zero
September 20th, 2005, 08:28
yeah, that was it. I always wanted to catch an episode, but I think that when I was really heavy into martial arts which tied up my evenings

nowhere man
September 20th, 2005, 10:58
The latest commercials I've seen for it look pretty good.

But, I don't know; I always thought the premise for Firefly borrowed too much from Outlaw Star and Trigun. :p

picwic1
September 21st, 2005, 12:00
This movie is on my list of must see's. I have always been a fan of Joss Whedon, and I hope this movie gives him the credit he deserves.

industrial_baby
September 21st, 2005, 12:18
haha. I know Summer too! She used to dance ballet for Texas Ballet Concerto (now named Ballet San Antonio), and so did my sister. My sister (Jean) and her were really good friends. I think my mom still talks to her mom ever so often when all the ballet girls try to get together for various stuff. We like to keep up with her career too...

ProfClayton
October 1st, 2005, 07:50
I'm going to go to the 10 PM show at the Northwood Cinemas (281 & 1604) tonight (10/1) if anyone cares to join me.

Matt McGehee
October 1st, 2005, 19:17
I'll be there!

ProfClayton
October 2nd, 2005, 07:10
Sorry Matt, but I wasn't there.

My wife changed my plans on me the last minute.

Hope you liked the movie... guess I'm going to see it on Tuesday at the earliest.

Jeremy
October 2nd, 2005, 11:14
I saw Flightplan at 9:45 at Northwoods... I was gonna see Serenity but the people with me wanted to see Flightplan... oh well, good movie too I guess.

Erik
October 2nd, 2005, 18:44
I got to see the movie Friday but I never saw the series so I didn't like it as much as other people who actually followed the characters before. But overall it was everything I expected

Will
October 2nd, 2005, 20:56
wow, I've been skeptical about this one but so far, this movie has had some extremely high ratings, IMDB voted 8.7 out of 10, the only other movie thats that high right now is Advent Children at 8.4 out of 10.

IGN reviewed, gave it 4.5 out of 5.
http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/654/654755p2.html
one question though, I've heard a lot of great news about Firefly series, but will I be lost if I checked out Serenity?

Otaku_Zero
October 2nd, 2005, 21:34
I saw some guys trash talking this movie on another forum. It was dumb because they were judging the quality of the movie based on the ratings of the show.
Seriously, if an idea spawns a TV show and then later a movie, there's got to be something good about it.

ProfClayton
October 4th, 2005, 19:26
Come hell or high water, I'm seeing it this weekend!

ProfClayton
October 12th, 2005, 14:36
... okay, for real this time. I'M SEEING IT TOMORROW!

ProfClayton
October 13th, 2005, 18:23
Saw it this afternoon... and I loved it. Every minute of it.

Sad to see the departure of some of the characters, but it opens it up the storyline in so many ways. Hopefully the DVD sales will allow for this series to flourish.

Janzer
October 15th, 2005, 08:02
I look forward to seeing it at some point in the future.