PDA

View Full Version : Silence of the Lambs

acarrera
September 18th, 2005, 02:09
yeah watching the dvd. anthony hopkins is great actor and no i am not syaing that cuz his name is anthony. ;)

Janzer
September 18th, 2005, 03:23
Isn't he only in that movie for like 10 minutes altogether? Something like that, I watch too much AMC with the dvd extra stuff O.O

ainoreichan
September 18th, 2005, 06:07
No hes like the main actor of the movie besides Jodie Foster.

Janzer
September 18th, 2005, 06:11
"With a little over 16 minutes of screen time, Anthony Hopkins's performance was the shortest ever to win a leading acting Oscar."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102926/trivia

Ok, so it wasn't 10 minutes, that was going off of memory, but I was close!

ProfClayton
September 18th, 2005, 09:21
Earlier this past summer I watched all three movies in a row (as they were made... not chronologically) and they progressively got worse.

SotL was the best of the bunch, then Hannibal and then Red Dragon (which was just plain creepy).

While Sir Anthony Hopkins won an Oscar for 16 minutes of work, Dame Judy Dench got the best supporting actress for her 6 minutes of playing Queen Elizabeth in a handful of scenes (with only a few lines).

acarrera
September 18th, 2005, 13:27
yeah they do get worse. i like SotL because of how hannibal pays attention to details and thats how he finds out who the killer is. Even those Anthony Hopkins does have less lines he still did a great job. for someone who is not a serial killer he sure did his research and made avery believable character of himself. scared the crap out of me. :)