PDA

View Full Version : Making it look like an 80s Bolly-wood video

ProfClayton
September 12th, 2005, 22:03
Hey guys, my friend James has a question he'd like me to ask you.

He's working on a cartoon right now about two friends from India and their adventures. He is animating the cartoon in Flash and will render the final footage out as a video file.

In post production, he wants to make it look like an old 80s Bollywood film... a yellowed image that looks like its been watched way too many times and the VHS tape is starting to stretch.

Are there any techniques or filters that will get this effect?

It can either be in Premiere or After Effects.

Thanks.

Below are some samples, but I'll ask for others:

Matt McGehee
September 13th, 2005, 22:04
Sounds like what you need is some kind of film effects plug-in for After Effects. A few months ago “Computer Arts Projects” had a freeware version of a plug-in called CineLook 1.9. It was an older version and that is why it came free on the CD. If you want to check out the website for the latest version go to http://www.digieffects.com/ .
I still have my Cover CD from the magazine and I will bring it on Wednesday so you can check it out.

FYI: Checkout the movie “Ghost World”, it has the best Bollywood clip ever. In fact a local car dealership, Gunn, used it in a commercial recently.
Absolutely hilarious!

ProfClayton
September 13th, 2005, 23:37
Cinelook... that was the name of the plug-in. I use to have way back in the day to help DV footage look like 16mm.

Thanks for the link.