PDA

View Full Version : Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Nov 18th) [merged]

industrial_baby
August 21st, 2005, 02:51
oh my god this looks cool... i cant wait!!!! (http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=4659)

texas72shovelhead
August 22nd, 2005, 10:36
Mahahuahuhauhauhahahhahahaaa...

if you want to know what happens on page 596 click here.

be warned it will spoil almost 600 pages of boredom

http://www.tshirthell.com/dumbledore.htm

acarrera
August 22nd, 2005, 12:08
Wow! Thanks Tex for saving me 30 bucks! ;)

ProfClayton
August 22nd, 2005, 14:30
... um, guys, she's talking about the movie of Book 4 which is "The Goblet of Fire" which comes out in November.

Your spoiler is from Book 6 "The Half Blood Prince" which won't make it to the theaters until at least Winter 2008.

But there is someone who dies in the fourth book/movie and it should be a sight to see. ;)

Suxa
August 22nd, 2005, 16:33
I like the <a href="http://www.allocine.fr/webtv/acvision.asp?nopub=1&cvid=18397590&emission=&player=QT&debit=HD" target="_blank">international</a> trailer better than the USA trailer :) !

Otaku_Zero
August 23rd, 2005, 01:16
... um, guys, she's talking about the movie of Book 4 which is "The Goblet of Fire" which comes out in November.

Your spoiler is from Book 6 "The Half Blood Prince" which won't make it to the theaters until at least Winter 2008.

But there is someone who dies in the fourth book/movie and it should be a sight to see. ;)

whatever, more like "oops, I tripped"

ProfClayton
August 23rd, 2005, 06:38
I like the <a href="http://www.allocine.fr/webtv/acvision.asp?nopub=1&cvid=18397590&emission=&player=QT&debit=HD" target="_blank">international</a> trailer better than the USA trailer :) !
That was nice!

industrial_baby
August 23rd, 2005, 10:20
that was reeeeeeeeeally nice. wow.

nowhere man
September 17th, 2005, 14:08
http://raincloud.warnerbros.com/wbmovies/harrypotter/trailer_hi.mov

Awesome. That's all I gotta say. :D

ProfClayton
September 17th, 2005, 16:33
Snagged the first PG-13 in its series as well.

Can't wait for it to get here.

jennyrockets
October 16th, 2005, 23:54
eek. they showed voldemort at the end! (shhh...i'm a harry potter nerd. don't tell anyone).

industrial_baby
November 7th, 2005, 14:28
It gets released very soon!!! YaY! I cant wait... Is anyone else going opening night???

nowhere man
November 8th, 2005, 08:15
I plan on going! The commercials have been bombarding the airwaves. The movie looks better than Prisoner of Azkaban (my favourite Potter movie thus far).

Suxa
November 8th, 2005, 17:31
Can't wait, looks awsome!!! :)

nowhere man
November 15th, 2005, 12:30
w00t! Only three more days...

molina
November 19th, 2005, 11:59
it was a cool movie ... i wish the tests for the trial champions were better... but i liked the movie overall ...

hopper2k
November 20th, 2005, 01:38
the new harry potty movie is good, i saw it today...i haven't really gotten into the series, but this one was good. i actually wouldn't mind seeing it again at the theaters.

***/****

hopper2k
November 20th, 2005, 01:40
(oh i didn't know there was another thread, so i'll put my thoughts here too)

the new harry potty movie is good, i saw it today...i haven't really gotten into the series, but this one was good. i actually wouldn't mind seeing it again at the theaters.

i actually thought there was supposed to be another challenge. the movie ended sooner than i thought.

***/****

ProfClayton
November 20th, 2005, 15:17
Opened at #1 with $101.4M... next in line was 'Walk the Line' with $22M.

Go Potter!

I'm seeing this on Tuesday.

molina
November 20th, 2005, 17:09
Prof Clayton:
You might want to consider the IMAX theater ... i tried to go there on friday. I checked at friday at noon and IMAX was full all the way until monday haha ... there might be available seats by now. i watched it at the quarry after all.

industrial_baby
November 20th, 2005, 19:02
We wanted to see it at the IMAX as well but much to our dismay they were sold out... Anyway we saw it saturday night at huener oaks and we loved it. Each time a Harry Potter flick comes out we love it more than the previous one... we really loved the last one and this one is completely amazing as well. It held my attention the entire time and i didnt even notice the time fly by... i wish these movies never ended.

ProfClayton
November 25th, 2005, 19:20
Saw it last night at the IMAX with my cousin and her family.

While I've loved the other three movies, for this one was just 'meh'. I didn't like it, but I didn't hate it.

I thought that it was chopped together and the only participant that you cared about was Harry (if I hadn't read the book I wouldn't have enen picked up on or remembered the names of the other 3).

While I did like how they paired the movie down to two and half hours, I didn;t think that the movie flowed all that well. Sure I understood the story, but I felt like they were really just going through the motions with this one... and once they got into the graveyard at the end the movie slowed to a crawl for me and I found myself getting bored.

I was amazed by the opening scene at the stadium (that "video wall" was great!) and I really liked the on-screen portrayal of Moody... and walked out of the movie asking my cousin's husband if he thought that it was just makeup or did they digitally remove Ralph Fienes nose.

We couldn't agree.

... that said, maybe a repeat viewing will change my opinion and I will be picking up the DVD.

"The Order of the Phoenix" is the one that I have really been waiting for and knowing that that is the next one... it can't come soon enough.

Otaku_Zero
November 29th, 2005, 00:44
I too felt it was choppy and there was tons of stuff left out, like in the beginning Harry just starts out at the Burrow? no. I need to read the book again and then I'll probably be sufficiently disappointed.
Brad actually made fun of me tonight about this movie and Andrew dared to call it a kids movie, then I reminded him of the rating it got. It's definately going to be an R movie by the time it gets to Half Blood Prince, if not sooner.

As for the nose, my guess would be makeup, unless they did the best effects job ever to get it to match perfectly with all the scenes... personally I didn't even notice his nose was gone.

nowhere man
November 29th, 2005, 00:52
I thought the movie was fine actually. Yes, a lot was cut out. But after Azkaban, I expected this. This is a film adaptation of a near 800+ page book, things were going to get cut.

And Harry Potter is not a kids' movie, it's for all ages.

I did enjoy the last half hour the most; they got the graveyard sequence spot on.

texas72shovelhead
November 30th, 2005, 08:01
saw it last night with my buddy ron (who by the way is walking a little bit here and there) it was great ....even with all the pre teen/ teen sexual tension.

molina
November 30th, 2005, 08:15
the girl looked hot ... too bad Im 18...
You can still tell she is a little girl ...

texas72shovelhead
December 1st, 2005, 01:35
well lets see.... the girls were what? 14 and the 18 your old guys are taking them to the dance??

at least at hogwarts its ok.....

I met a 7 year old tonight who was totally dumbfounded why the PG13???

all he cared about was the mermaids and their pets (or whatever) ........ in the black LAKE which I really liked.... the lake sceen was way cool ....

I actually thought there was a little too much emphasis upon the sexual tentions in this movie.....

I know I am old...... but the way they made things (sexual things) important, made me feel almost uneasy.... maybe if I was much younger.....