PDA

View Full Version : War Of the Worlds

Will
July 2nd, 2005, 23:04
Just saw it today, pretty darn impressive and friggin scary as heck. THe Visuals were jaw dropping Its pretty accurate to the 1953 interpretation of HG Wells book. When we first encounter one of their many machines, for those of you who have played Half Life 2 will recall a very similar level that you played that, for me, gave me the same shocking adrenoline rush. There are quite a few intense disturbing situations.

Though not far from the original it of course has the usual Spielberg character development great stuff. That Dakaota Fanning girl is pretty good but at some points possibly may be over exaggerating. THen again if I were a 7 year old girl I would probably scream my head off and call for mommy while blazing through the packed streets as the city crumbles behind me and I'm totally oblivious to whats going on watching my dad totally freak out as he's driving. Then theres Tom Cruise who was great in this movie except for one thing,... he's Tom Cruise. cause when you watch Tom Cruise in a movie and check out the trailer which says "Tom Cruise in War of the Worlds."... its basically Tom Cruise in "War of the Worlds", not Ray Ferrier, not Jerry Maguire, not John Anderton... its Tom Cruise. He almost always plays the same character. Whatever. If Tom Cruise was ever in this situation at least we know what he would do right? Anyways over all the movie was heart thumping and quite a ride. Alright now I'm ready for Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

9/10

hopper2k
July 3rd, 2005, 14:58
i'd like to see it but i'm tired of cruise's couch hopping antics as of late. i'm also tired of sequels and remakes. so i dunno...

ProfClayton
July 3rd, 2005, 21:04
http://static.ytmnd.com:8000/78000/78874/image.gif

Effects like this Will!?

Will
July 3rd, 2005, 21:27
Well dang, if scientology will help me develop Sith powers... shoot... where do I sign up?!!

i'd like to see it but i'm tired of cruise's couch hopping antics as of late. i'm also tired of sequels and remakes. so i dunno...

I hear yah man. Basically conveys the same message as the old movie ofcourse its adaptation of a book. But its still worth the ride.