PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars EpIII Premiere

Will
May 19th, 2005, 01:07
hehe

ProfClayton
May 19th, 2005, 07:27
Man, I was asleep by Midnight last night...

... ask Adam how it was. He went to the Midnight show.

... nice drawing Will.

Professor Watkins
May 19th, 2005, 11:48
Yep, I saw it. It's certainly better than the last two StarFlops; still not fantastic - but definitely better. Probably it's because there was less talking - Lucas can just not write screen plays.

But the action was fairly good; the set designs were superb, the digital characters were quite nice, and overall, I'm glad I went. Although once is probably enough of this one for me. I'm tired of seeing midnight Star Wars films (this is my third).....

acarrera
May 19th, 2005, 21:21
Yeah i agree. there is something that just doesnt get me the same way as Episode 4,5,& 6. But it was hard to enjoy the movie cuz some parent decided to bring their child who kept yelling throughout the movie.

texas72shovelhead
May 20th, 2005, 00:03
Yeah i agree. there is something that just doesnt get me the same way as Episode 4,5,& 6. But it was hard to enjoy the movie cuz some parent decided to bring their child who kept yelling throughout the movie.

its funny you say that, you should have been to the very first star wars movie, kids screaming through out the whole picture. esp at the start with that huge ship flying overhead. no one ever had ever seen anything like it before

acarrera
May 22nd, 2005, 00:50
O so did they screem during the talking parts too? I dont think that was new at that time.

Sam Treadway
May 22nd, 2005, 14:26
I went to the midnight show with Roger. The theater we were in had a sword fight between two geeking highschoolers right up in front of the screen. It lasted about a minute. We also had 3 Anakin Skywalkers, a couple OB1 Kenobis, and a real life wookie (not a costume).

I liked this one a lot more than ep. 1 and 2 but return of the Jedi is still my fav.
I'd like to see the intro of ep. 3 in the IMAX.

industrial_baby
May 22nd, 2005, 18:22
I didnt go to the midnight showing because i didnt feel like losing the sleep =) i havent gone to one of those since the 2nd Matrix came out... on the other hand i will go to the midnight buying of new games coming out =) go figure.

Otherwise i saw it and liked it but im easy to please. I enjoy movies for their entertainment value and dont over analyze... =)

As for kids in the theatre - yeah he had some, but i guess since im a parent they dont bother me in the slightest. I take my kids to the movies some times - usually they are pretty good. Ive heard people "shhh" babies - ha! like the kid is going to listen!!! I usually take the kids when i go to the free movie premeire things. That way i can just tell the the other cheap-o movie watchers to deal with it - its a free movie!!!!

Ok, im off my soap box.

Kelley

Erik
May 22nd, 2005, 18:45
I saw it on Thurs in McAllen and there was hardly anyone in the theater but as for the movie, Its the best one of the prequels.

Genevieve
May 23rd, 2005, 09:49
I saw it Friday afternoon. I never watched Star Wars before and I can say I had a great time. The crowd in the theater was hyped and alot of fun which made the movie very entertaining. I'm now going to have to watch them all this summer.

hopper2k
May 23rd, 2005, 12:36
*spoiler alert*

i saw it yesterday. yes, WAAAAYY better than the first 2, and it's probably my 2nd favorite ("empire" still rules). too many comedic one liners in this one, and who knew droids had such a sense of humour. i had minor complaints overall.

jedi fights were awesome, except yoda's fight at the end got boring. how many times must he spin? i wish we woulda seen more of the tarzan screaming wookie battle.

i was disappointed with gen. grievous. he kicked more butt in the Clone Wars cartoon (in which in the series was better than epI and II combined). i didn't like how they seemed to have constructed darth vader's suite with no thought involved. palpatine seemed like "oops, oh yeah, uh, sweep him up, i got just the thing for him..." and BOOM we see him being constructed.

i thought jar jar would die. damn. i mean, we lose mace, but keep jar jar!?

Bucket
May 23rd, 2005, 17:54
Mace: the oppression of the sith will never return.. You have lost..

Then the emperor replies with... No, No no!! The facial expression is just hilarious.

He's a traitor!!!
No! He's the traitor!!!

The animation looked a bit raw and unfinished.. Yoda had a fair amount of fluff animation. I guess they couldn't figure out what to do with his hands. Rubbing his head and messing with his hair felt out of place. When Yoda was on the ground. He opens just one eye.... bleh.. Worst eye animation I've ever seen. He opens his eye like he was taking a nap on the floor or something. Not like he was thrown against the wall. It may sound picky, but his eye should've rolled around some to maintain the idea he was knocked unconcious. And if he wasn't knocked unconcious why is he sleeping on the floor?

The vehicle blowing up on a bridge looked pretty awful.. It jumped into the air like it had no weight whatsoever. There was a bunch of other stuff that looked wrong but.. I think I hit the major ones.

At least it's done. No more movies.. Right?

hopper2k
May 23rd, 2005, 19:36
well, i would think no more NEW movies.

but i read, starting in '07, they are going to re-release each star wars film in full 3D (the 3D glasses kind), up until '12. also, lucas is in talks of an all new cartoon series and a possible live action TV show.

i'm sure you want my sources, but eh, just google this info...i'm sure you'll find somethin'.

Otaku_Zero
May 23rd, 2005, 23:53
I've also heard that there's going to be more Star Wars stuff, like the cartoon and the TV show, I wouldn't put it past ol Lucas to put it all in 3D. I think that would suck though, the only new movies I've seen that are 3D are like Spy Kids and whatever that new one is with someone and Lavagirl, such crappy stories and even worse animation topped off with the whole 3D glasses thing. someone please let that die

hopper2k
May 24th, 2005, 08:51
http://www.vfxworld.com/?sa=adv&code=3631a5a1&atype=news&id=13396

that's where i got it from.

OH, ep IV is going to be the first one released in '07 for the 30th anniversary, with each one coming out after that, according to this.

Will
May 25th, 2005, 01:17
I thought it was ok, probably the best compositing/ CG VFX we will ever see in a long time. Script stinks, and not really worth a second run, until it comes out on dvd and we get to see the special features, with deleted scenes.

I cried during the fall of the counsel especially Mace Windu, I was expecting him to quote a verse from the Bible before he was goign to kill Sidious, but I guess this isnt quite Pulp Fiction. And that damn 1970s Rice cooker button menu on Vaders chest is still bothering me.

Over all I think I enjoyed the Lego Wars: Revenge of the Bricks a lot more then this. But for what its worth it was entertaining, but not end all be all,

ProfClayton
May 25th, 2005, 07:38
Over all I think I enjoyed the Lego Wars: Revenge of the Bricks a lot more then this. But for what its worth it was entertaining, but not end all be all,
I sure hope you are kidding. ;)

The cool thing about that show was Dooku using Grievous as the antenna for his TV. :D

I'm seeing this show tomorrow and I am stoked!!!!

ProfClayton
May 26th, 2005, 08:30
Here's something for you Will, I know its uncharacteristic of me to post stuff like this, but a friend sent it to me and its really quite funny:

ProfClayton
May 27th, 2005, 09:37
Saw it yesterday... and I liked it, but there were some great LOL moments.

I about fell out of my seat when Yoda force pushed Palpatine into his chair head over heels... that was not very flattering for the Emporer, and quite funny. :)

Will
May 27th, 2005, 12:47
You know whats the funny thing about C3P0 is that he says he's fluent at over 9 million some odd languages.

But when you see the scenes where he tries to speak another language its like he's a fony, like the scene in Episode 5 where he and R2 are at the entrance Jabas talking to the gatekeeper droid Eyeball thing.
C3P0 goes "Hello, I am C3P Ohwa and this is R2D towa.

Dude thats just as bad as my girlfriend trying to speak Spanish.

"Hola, my namo es Lauren-o and mi like-o Domo-Kun- os, pero mi no like-o hello kitty-os."

ProfClayton
May 27th, 2005, 13:46
... like the scene in Episode 5 where he and R2 are at the entrance Jabas talking to the gatekeeper droid Eyeball thing.
Um, that was in Episode 6. And its name was TT-8L (or tattletale).

http://swg.stratics.com/content/gameplay/guides/droids/images/tt8l.jpg

I'm such a geek. ;)

texas72shovelhead
May 27th, 2005, 14:27
cant wait to see it for free on network television.

some original art work btw

ProfClayton
May 27th, 2005, 14:33
some original art work btw
Cool. Got anymore?

Will
May 27th, 2005, 16:40
Um, that was in Episode 6. And its name was TT-8L (or tattletale).

http://swg.stratics.com/content/gameplay/guides/droids/images/tt8l.jpg

I'm such a geek. ;)

yep thats pretty phalic

ProfClayton
May 27th, 2005, 17:01
yep thats pretty phalic
So is the cigarette in your avatar.

;)

texas72shovelhead
May 27th, 2005, 17:38
Cool. Got anymore?

http://budplant.com/product.asp?pn=AOSWH

the website is a great resource for alot of different reference books facial expressions, body types, and many other things needed by the future animator, they also have design books too

texas72shovelhead
May 27th, 2005, 17:58
http://budplant.com/product.asp?pn=AOSWH

the website is a great resource for alot of different reference books facial expressions, body types, and many other things needed by the future animator, they also have design books too

for you child types, ya might wanna stay clear of the bettie page books and the like.

the LADY COTTINGTON'S PRESSED FAIRY BOOK looks amuzing

ProfClayton
May 27th, 2005, 18:04
Sorry I was under the impression that the original art was your work. Didn't mean to jump to conclusions.

texas72shovelhead
May 27th, 2005, 18:36
Sorry I was under the impression that the original art was your work. Didn't mean to jump to conclusions.

sorry I can only draw things that interest me, star wars does not