PDA

View Full Version : Zelda the Wind Waker

Will
April 20th, 2003, 17:44
This game kicks so much noodles! Its about every videogamers dream come true. *boo .. hisss.. boo.. hisss you suck FF you suck, take a lesson!* Anyways... uh.. since we are ALL obligated to the CGI world, I highly DO NOT recommend this game cause you'll never get your work done. just my 2 cents =D

ProfClayton
April 20th, 2003, 18:08
Luckily I can control my gaming habits... an hour here an hour there...

I love TLOZ:TWW... its pretty fun, more so than the others I've played.

This morning I went back to the Forsaken Fortress and defeated the Shadow Knight guy and got the Skull Hammer. Now I'm off to climb the tower and try to rescue my sister again... but maybe tomorrow night.

I'm taking my time, but I've still got to finish Mario Sunshine and start Metroid... maybe this Summer.

Will
April 20th, 2003, 19:02
Me too, I've restricted myself to play only on the weekends. =P
I'm about 3/4 of the way so I'm not going to ruin this masterpiece for you guys.

The best thing about this game is it MAKES YOU USE THE ITEMS IN YOUR INVENTORY. I've played just about all the FF games, and for me its pretty much the same damn concept as far as the general battle sys goes.- job sys, materia sys, junction sys, bleh who cares? their all the same. Unfortunately with out the strategy guide FF8 took me about a year complete and 3 months to understand the full mechanics of the Junction sys. Only thing that keeps you going is the story, the gameplay is always fun at first but then it becomes boring and FMVS are the only incentives to keep you playing. Except for Tactics, yes that was a neat game. Anyways as I was saying... unlike all the other FF games, Zelda: TWW doesnt make you level up to 100 are collect a bunch of pointless crappy items that have no use to you even towards the end boss fight.

Good Points (no bad):

1) Its a damn cool hack and slash game, as well as dungeon puzzle solving and stuff.
2) Every new weapon or item you gain becomes a crucial tool that helps you on later or corrilates with the next task you must complete along with the other weapons it consistantly forces you to use to solve dungeon traps.
3) The graphics may at first seem unusual, but this cell-shaded style stays very uniformed.
4) The Hero Bow kicks ***.
5) The story is simple but very cool: basically a sort of.. SEQUEL to Ocarina of Time, but introducing a Link of a different era, apparently the era after Ocarina of Time.
6) Yes Ganondork is back and hes got a bigger nose than before.
7) This game rocks.

Overwrought
April 22nd, 2003, 09:06
I have only been playing for a litle while but so far the game is pretty cool. By far one of the more clever games to hit the shelves as of late.

Will
April 25th, 2003, 20:04
MWAHAHAH! YESS I DID IT!! I BEAT ZELDA!!!

Man you guys, when you get to the end, its gonna kick so much noodle MMMMM!!! Gosh its so darn good!

The final final final final battle with Ganondorf is just flat out TIGHT.

I dont know about Ocarina of Time, but this is the best damn game I've ever played, (and beaten a couple weeks before finals too!! Great now I can get back to studying till ENTER THE MATRIX comes out!) Moo HAH! man it was soo cool. Was a little hard, but it was really really fun fighting Ganon. And I'm sure you guys will have a blast too once you get there.. heheh.