PDA

View Full Version : www.cgauiw.com

ProfClayton
April 7th, 2003, 21:08
This is a post to get some discussion going about our department's website.

http://www.cgauiw.com

What do you like about it? What don't you like about it? What is it missing?

Talk amongst yourselves...

eightballuiw
April 28th, 2003, 13:27
Site looks great. Only thing is that the full screen jump can be a little annoying when we have other windows open. Syllabus and email addys for all professors should be a little easier to find. Otherwise great job.

Professor Watkins
April 28th, 2003, 14:54
Part of the reason why the professor's syllabi and outlines are a bit hidden is the unfortunate reality of curriculum theft. A school decides they want to start a program - maybe in direct competition to ours - and they just go out and 'lift' the curriculum we have been developing in the last few years. Even worse is when they lift our course outlines so that they use our organization and even class materials for their own use without reimbursing us or the university.

So, we hide our pages with syllabi and outlines and jsut announce them to our classes. Thanks for the feedback though Paul.

eightballuiw
April 29th, 2003, 17:37
Sorry to hear about people stealing curriculms. I didn't even think about other Universities stealing all the work you have all done here. Now how about the website jumping to full screen. I know it's real easy to get out of it but I just hate losing control of my browser like that. Anyone else have any ideas?

ProfClayton
April 29th, 2003, 18:06
Originally posted by eightballuiw
... Now how about the website jumping to full screen. I know it's real easy to get out of it but I just hate losing control of my browser like that. Anyone else have any ideas?
Working on it... there's a problem with opening windows from windows using the javascript I have. I'm in search of a new one and when I find it, it'll be switched over.

Jeremy
March 20th, 2004, 20:13
I like the new site. Cool looking grungey effects on there.

I understand this is about a year old, but oh wells. :P

Pretty cool, although I think the thumbnails moving around on the side were a bit distracting when I was trying to read the FAQ's. Good site though, is it open source? That's the best teacher these days. :)

ProfClayton
March 20th, 2004, 20:38
Originally posted by Keiphus
Pretty cool, although I think the thumbnails moving around on the side were a bit distracting when I was trying to read the FAQ's. Good site though, is it open source? That's the best teacher these days. :)
No, sorry the site isn't open source. But everything I use can be found in a tutorial on the web somewhere. ;)

I'm actually working on a new site for Fall '04.

Thomas Monberg Thompson
September 2nd, 2004, 20:31
hey mr. clayton, would it be possible to have a sketches and roughs section on this forum, since well, this is a field with art in it (even if it IS the last abreviation when it really should be the first) I also remmember many sketches of mine (actually, all of them) that I had to redraw or redo when bringing them in for critique into class. Posting them on forum sites other places your barely able to get a reply in time, let alone if they know what there talking about.

ProfClayton
September 2nd, 2004, 21:14
We do Tom... it's called "The Easel (Critique Area)" (http://www.cgauiwtalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36).

;)

Thomas Monberg Thompson
September 2nd, 2004, 22:14
but isnt that a bit "broad" since there are rough sketches then there are final pieces that are produced, I dont know, it might just be semantics here right now (or me surfing too many forums)

ProfClayton
September 3rd, 2004, 08:53
We have enough forums as it is. I see no real need to add one, when The Easel will do just fine.