PDA

View Full Version : Robots!

Otaku_Zero
March 17th, 2005, 20:18
I saw it last weekend and i liked it. There were some parts in the animation that were kinda so so, like the robot street dancer, but overall, funny and a good story.

nowhere man
March 17th, 2005, 20:53
Isn't it a coincidence that one of the characters is named Fender? ;)

coughbendercoughfuturamacough

Otaku_Zero
March 18th, 2005, 10:59
Although it is Fox and they could have done that if they wanted, I think it is just a coincidence and you're reading in to that one too much.

ProfClayton
March 18th, 2005, 12:41
Isn't it a coincidence that one of the characters is named Fender? ;)

coughbendercoughfuturamacough
That was Bender on Futurama. ;)

My wife took the kids to see it while I was at the conference. They liked it a lot. Guess I'll have to go it alone, or wait for the DVD.

Sam Treadway
March 18th, 2005, 16:31
I saw it the day it came out locally. Loved it and can't wait to see again. As far as the dancing robot, pretty much every character in the film is based on some steriotype. It's brilliant work. Look out Pixar!

Jacqueline
March 18th, 2005, 16:46
I thought it was pretty good. The textures were nice, and I liked the message.

Not quite Pixar quality though... ;)

texas72shovelhead
March 20th, 2005, 10:49
That was Bender on Futurama. ;)

My wife took the kids to see it while I was at the conference. They liked it a lot. Guess I'll have to go it alone, or wait for the DVD.

I'll go see it with ya

industrial_baby
March 20th, 2005, 15:13
we can all go - make it a class trip. Ive been meaning to take my kids as well but i have to avoid going at peak hours since Sarah tends to hit the chairs infront of us...

kelley

Janzer
March 20th, 2005, 16:49
Cool, Tiny will pay for us sweet!

acarrera
March 20th, 2005, 18:09
Hey you used his real name, now the world is going to end.

hopper2k
March 20th, 2005, 20:16
**i may post some spoilers so those who haven't seen it yet, DON'T read my review**

i finally got the see Robots on friday. i thought it was ok, but i was a little disappointed. i guess it was the story that was my biggest complaint, and some of the gags just went overboard and didn't make sense, such as the pinball-ish way of entering the city. i disliked the britney spears gag, it just didn't fit (alot of gags didn't fit). sure, the whole thing was nice to look at and a real visual treat, but i was just not feelin' the story. i loved the animation for the most part, but i thought it was a bit overly pose to pose and too snappy, and one funny comment i read someone say on another forum was that they almost had a pose to pose seizure. i wasn't so sure about the armpit fart scene at first, and was rolling my eyes when the scene started, but was laughing my head off at the end of it, especially when the street lamp couldn't take it anymore and died, and laughed again when i saw his chalk outline the next day. definetely my favorite scene. there were some other good, well thought out gags and scenes, but alot of stupid ones too that the Fox execs were probably behind that I'm sure left Blue Sky rolling their eyes, but who knows. The song and dance scenes were a bit Dreamworksie, but I actually liked them. Too bad, this could've been really good if they worked on the story some more. not too thrilled about a sequel to Ice Age either (since the teaser appeared), perhaps another thing Fox had the say-so to. **/****

ainoreichan
March 22nd, 2005, 10:19
i agree with hopper on this one...but i thought the motion was great.