PDA

View Full Version : Free screenings for 'S.W.A.T.' and 'Gigli' in San Antonio (details inside)

ProfClayton
July 23rd, 2003, 09:08
I got a message that Comingsoon.com and Columbia Pictures are having free screenings for Collin Farrell's "S.W.A.T." and Ben & Jens "Gigli" in San Antonio. The tickets are fist come first serve, and you are not guaranteed a ticket... but it might be fun to try.

The details can be found here:

S.W.A.T. --
http://www.comingsoon.net/swat.php

Gigli --
http://www.comingsoon.net/gigli.php

To times or dates, I guess its printed on the ticket they'll mail to you (if you get them).

All you have to do is email them and send your full name and address.

CGAUIW.com is not responsible if you get tagged onto a mailing list for signing up for this.

So use your own disgression.

ProfClayton
July 23rd, 2003, 10:21
Details from the site:

Gigli -- The screenings will take place at 7:30pm on Tuesday, July 29 in Austin, Houston and San Antonio, Texas.

S.W.A.T. --The screenings will take place in Austin, Houston and San Antonio, Texas. The date of the screenings has not been set - check the ticket you receive in the mail for the date, time & place!

ProfClayton
July 23rd, 2003, 15:09
Looks like the tickets are gone and the pages have been removed.

Hope you got a request in...

eightballuiw
July 23rd, 2003, 22:07
Guess I was too late. Sent you an email and didn't think to look on here first. Just ignore the email and a goodluck to anyone who was able to get in. :)

Will
July 31st, 2003, 00:26
*sigh* has anyone gotten free tickets yet?

ProfClayton
July 31st, 2003, 10:49
I haven't yet. But SWAT doesn't come out until next week.

ProfClayton
July 31st, 2003, 13:06
Just got an email from my wife... she said I got the tickets today.

The SWAT tix got here today... Thurs Aug 7th @ 7:30 Live Oak theaters

I'll be there with my buddy Mark.

Later y'all.

romeoandjuliet146
July 31st, 2003, 20:24
I got the free tickets for both movies so thank you for sending the email. I went to see Gigli. I walked out. I like Ben and Jen but I have no idea how they would even do that movie. It was boring and slow. Every other word was a curse word. It was so dumb I felt like my brain was melting. It was very poorly written. Ben is a gangster. He works for some guy name Lewis who tells Ben(Gigli rhymes with really) to get someone so he can control someone who he can't control. I didn't really understand what he was talking about but that's how he said it. The someone is a Mentally Challenged boy who made some of the audience members laugh when he would suddenly shout out a succession of curse words. which is something he did a lot. He's always asking Ben to take him to the Baywatch. I could already imagine that later in the film Ben would take him there and Ben would eventually learn to like him. He basically bugs Ben. For example he asks Ben to read to him but Ben doesn't have a book so he reads a Tabasco label. Jen finally shows up to help him. Everything is extremely slow paced. Then a cop shows up at Ben's apartment. That's when I couldn't take it anymore and left. It is really a terrible movie. You've been warned.

ProfClayton
August 1st, 2003, 21:41
Credit: http://www.rottentomatoes.com

"[Brest's] dialogue is a soup of cliches, profanities and sex talk most of us heard in high school."
-- Lawrence Toppman, CHARLOTTE OBSERVER

"A recent episode of South Park suggested that a fourth-grader's hand puppet could turn in a better performance than Ms. Lopez, and in the case of Gigli, it's hard to argue."
-- Luke Y. Thompson, NEW TIMES

"Formless windbag of a romantic comedy with bits of gangster flick stuck to the edges."
-- Ella Taylor, L.A. WEEKLY

"Ben and J-Lo are no Tracy and Hepburn--they're more like the Sean Penn and Madonna of 'Shanghai Surprise.' And their movie is just as rotten as that one."
-- Frank Swietek, ONE GUY'S OPINION

"This is a movie that manages to keep finding new ways of being stupid."
-- Eric D. Snider, ERICDSNIDER.COM

"Gigli is living proof that films require more than a deviation from the standard formula to be enjoyable."
-- Shaun Sages, MOVIE NAVIGATOR

"I fought the urge to punch someone once it finally ended."
-- Jon Popick, PLANET SICK-BOY

"There’s no rhythm to (the) putrid dialogue, no flow to (the) preposterous scenes."
-- Sean O'Connell, FILMCRITIC.COM

"Howlers abound but like Paul Verhoeven's 'Showgirls' the picture is never dull."
-- Harvey S. Karten, COMPUSERVE

"Gigli attracts venom mostly for its cast: the mortal blunder of believing that either Affleck or Lopez has Brest's courage to look foolish, and nobility to fail with principle."
-- Walter Chaw, FILM FREAK CENTRAL

"So misguided that sparks between the leads is the least of its worries."
-- Jeanne Aufmuth, PALO ALTO WEEKLY

"I am giving 'Gigli' one star and that is only because of Walken: if Brest were smart, when the film hits DVD, he should only release that scene and stick the rest in the deleted scenes section."
-- Peter Sobczynski, CRITIC DOCTOR

"This could have been a more intriguing and darker tale. Evil people can fall in love, too . . . but, gosh, this isn't that movie. Ben and Jen are just too cute for nasty roles like that."
-- Gerry Shamray, SUN NEWSPAPERS OF CLEVELAND

"It's the sort of bizarre, ill-conceived picture you can't believe exists, but are secretly glad it does."
-- Rene Rodriguez, MIAMI HERALD

"Painfully dull and remarkably tasteless."
-- Mary F. Pols, CONTRA COSTA TIMES

"Gigli is so horrible I had to go cleanse my palate afterward by watching Glitter."
-- Danny Minton, KBTV-NBC (BEAUMONT, TX)

"Gigli pretends to be a sophisticated comedy of the sexes yet it’s written with the adolescent gusto of a fifty-year-old who’s finally discovered that a penis goes inside a vagina."
-- Ed Gonzalez, SLANT MAGAZINE

"In what may go down as the most embarrassing, imprudent attempt at sexy dialogue in the history of cinema...Lopez ask(s) to be orally pleasured with the line, "Come on, gobble, gobble.""
-- Rob Blackwelder, SPLICEDWIRE

"A character-driven piece, pitched awkwardly between comedy and drama."
-- Charles Taylor, SALON.COM

"A torpid dud starring the cuddly celebrity twosome of the moment."
-- Steven Rea, PHILADELPHIA INQUIRER

"A rigli, rigli bad movie."
-- Bruce Newman, SAN JOSE MERCURY NEWS

"A film that begins badly and gets worse and worse, like someone who has been knocked unconscious in an accident and then bleeds to death because he gets no attention."
-- Terry Lawson, DETROIT FREE PRESS

"We could almost be watching staged rehearsals for an '80s cliché-fest."
-- Owen Gleiberman, ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY

"It's the stuff Mystery Science Theater 3000s are made of."
-- Eleanor Ringel Gillespie, ATLANTA JOURNAL-CONSTITUTION

"A perfect storm of cinematic awfulness."
-- Colin Covert, MINNEAPOLIS STAR TRIBUNE

"A huge waste of celluloid."
-- Paul Clinton, CNN

"Put together enough pointless, random details, and you get Gigli, a movie that's less incompetent than bewildering."
-- Mark Caro, CHICAGO TRIBUNE

"There are so many bad moments in Gigli, it's a shame to single out only a few."
-- Jami Bernard, NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

romeoandjuliet146
August 7th, 2003, 21:01
SWAT was a really good movie and it was funny. There was a line out the door when I got there and we had to wait a long time in the hot weather but the movie was good.

ProfClayton
August 7th, 2003, 21:27
We stopped by and got in line around 6:30 PM... a lady then came out and pointed at someone about a dozen people in front of us and told him his was the last seat and advised the rest of us to go home.

So we went back and watched Daredevil on DVD and decided to go back as paying customers tomorrow night.

Oh well... better that, than be the guy that has to sit in the front row. ;)

romeoandjuliet146
August 7th, 2003, 21:38
I considered going home because it was so hot. It was painful. I would have let you cut in line. I got there at 6 and the line was already outside. I think this might be my last sneak preview because for some movies you have to get there an hour early then once you're inside they talk to the audience forever before they finally start the movie. It's too stressful it's much better to go another time.

ProfClayton
August 9th, 2003, 08:02
Caught the 10:10 show last night... pretty good movie.

It was kinda predictable... but I liked it anyways.

Colin Farrell and Sam Jackson seem to be in every fifth movie that's released nowadays... but they seem to be always consistant. ;)

Will
August 11th, 2003, 12:52
bleh, it was ok, but really you want to see a movie that will blow you a way?

Go see Bad Boys II that stuff is hard. Bad boys II is so tight it puts SWAT right up next to Lizzie Maguire.

ProfClayton
August 11th, 2003, 13:00
Originally posted by Will
Bad boys II is so tight it puts SWAT right up next to Lizzie Maguire.
You saw The Lizzie MCGuire Movie... :lol:

(I wouldn't admit to that in public...)

BigPoppaPump
August 12th, 2003, 08:15
What's wrong with The Lizzie MCGuire Movie? I watch it too!