PDA

View Full Version : Dimebag Darrell...for you Pantera/Damage Plan fans

Janzer
December 9th, 2004, 16:38
Sad news for me, read if you care, I can't say much.
http://www-personal.umich.edu/~alfieii/pantera/news.htm

hopper2k
December 9th, 2004, 16:49
yeah, holy crap.

i just found out about this a little earlier. i can't believe it, this is insane. i've been a fan of pantera, but never got a chance to see them. i never cared for damageplan, but i actually got to see them when i was in london earlier this summer, and dimebag kept throwin' out the solos left and right with the spotlight and everything. the crowd was a bit lame until the band ended their set with a few pantera songs.

how someone was able to get onstage, WITH A GUN, is beyond belief. where the hell was security!?!? this just ruined my whole day.

industrial_baby
December 9th, 2004, 19:16
I heard about it this morning. Its so sad. I did actually get a chance to see Pantera and that was one of the best concerts ive seen. Its terrible - just terrible. Strangely this happened on the 24th anniversary of John Lennon's death (im a huge Lennon fan - even named my daughter after him) who was also killed by a deranged fan. humph! Cant these people just enjoy the music?

Kelley
- i feel very sorry for Dimebag's brother. Being that he is the drummer that means he was right there behind him and saw it all. It's just so sad.

Spooty
December 9th, 2004, 20:59
Wow, thats so sad. I didnt realize that the drummer was his brother. That has to be very painfull.

parklife
December 10th, 2004, 01:54
dude, that really sucks. I heard about it on Good Morning America and can't believe it. It's strange, because a few days ago, my boyfriend and I were talking about Dimebag Darrell (you gotta love his name). He said that his sister had met him up in Dallas and had pictures with him and his brother and that he was a really nice guy.

I really think this is going to change security at concerts forever. On Sunday, my sister and I went to see the Scissor Sisters up in Austin, at La Zona Rosa, which is relatively small. Someone came up onstage (just some girl with probably too much to drink) and went up to the lead singer, before being pulled off by security. At the time, I remember thinking that they were really lucky that this person (more than likely) meant no harm, but that in a matter of seconds, anybody could get on stage and do whatever.

Anyway, it's really too bad.

industrial_baby
December 10th, 2004, 11:01
Yeah security will change. I started thinking about all the shows i see at the white rabbit (local and national) where no one is searched upon entrance. It could be very dangerous. In this case they said that this guy bypassed the entrance security by jumping an 8 ft fence. They also said that he was being followed through the crowd by club security. If only the security were faster/better.

Kelley

ProfClayton
December 10th, 2004, 21:16
Off Topic: Hey parklife... the Scissor Sisters are going to be on SNL this weekend (Colin Farrell is hosting).

parklife
December 10th, 2004, 21:33
yeah, that will be a sight to see. i highly recommend them. those people are nuts.

ProfClayton
December 10th, 2004, 21:37
yeah, that will be a sight to see. i highly recommend them. those people are nuts."Polyphonic Spree nuts"... or just plain "nuts"? ;)

parklife
December 11th, 2004, 00:25
well, they do a disco version of Pink Floyd's "Comfortably Numb" that sounds like the Bee Gees.

industrial_baby
December 11th, 2004, 08:13
yup thats nutty allright.

Kelley