PDA

View Full Version : CART mascot

Otaku_Zero
November 30th, 2004, 00:34
I don't know why I'm not asleep...

well anway, if we do indeed want out mascot to be mr. raccoon, he must have a name, soooooo everybody vote!

The suggestions I found from Jackie's post are:
Bandit
Beaker
George
Maya
Pixel
Brilliant
Chiller &
RGB

If there are any other suggestions, say so in a reply

Jacqueline
November 30th, 2004, 20:26
Where is my 'I Voted' sticker?

Zero Ska
November 30th, 2004, 21:52
Pixel is teh witty.

- Zero Ska

Otaku_Zero
December 1st, 2004, 00:46
I think I'm gonna give this a few more days so everyone gets a chance to vote, soooooo tell anyone who might not be procrastinating by hangin' out on the porch to get over here and vote.

I think the next item on the list of mascot stuff should be making an actual character out of him, like on paper / in 3D, or both... both is good

As for the stickers, Jackie, you should have more important things to be worrying about than a sticker, but if you can find mine from the presidential election, you're more than welcome to dig through my truck and take it.

Jacqueline
December 1st, 2004, 09:45
I agree, both would be good.

Hurray, a sticker treasure hunt!

Erik
December 1st, 2004, 10:34
I like pixel also now

Angelo Pardo
December 1st, 2004, 11:59
Darn, I should have also suggested "Vector" or "Bezier" (or however you spell them).
French raccoons rule!

hopper2k
December 2nd, 2004, 03:17
how about we name it "we have too much time on our hands and watkins/clayton/fagan aren't giving us enough work at the end of the semester so we have all this time to talk about what name we should give a poor little racoon that probably got bonked in the head on its way to the dog pound."

Jacqueline
December 3rd, 2004, 06:26
It went to the pound??

Andrew
December 3rd, 2004, 09:37
how about we name it "we have too much time on our hands and watkins/clayton/fagan aren't giving us enough work at the end of the semester so we have all this time to talk about what name we should give a poor little racoon that probably got bonked in the head on its way to the dog pound." Is someone disgruntled over the current results of the naming process?

j/k ;)

Jacqueline
December 4th, 2004, 23:44
"Vote or DIE."

Andrew
December 5th, 2004, 07:13
"Vote or DIE." http://www.benjpocta.com/2004/11/death-count-grows-combs-called-prophet.html

Jacqueline
December 7th, 2004, 00:05
Haha, wow.

Andrew
December 7th, 2004, 07:31
Voting over?

If so, here's the headlines for the UIW newspaper:
'Pixel' Wins Due To Moral Vote!

;)

Otaku_Zero
December 7th, 2004, 22:06
ok, I figure since a grand total of 13 people voted, we can keep this thing open for suggestions in the future, but as for now, our mascot's name is Pixel. Now as a Christmas assignment for everyone, we can draw up what we think he should look like, since the low-res pictures we have probably won't cut it for bumper-stickers or anything like that.

So everyone come back in the Spring with your Pixel drawings and we can have another vote!

hopper2k
December 7th, 2004, 22:21
has it been euthanized yet?

Andrew
December 7th, 2004, 22:22
Hey hey, I already have a simple drawing of sorts. It's on the the card from our class that I designed Monday night. Here ya go:

Jacqueline
December 8th, 2004, 11:42
Wow. I guess you were able to get your hands on Chiller after all. ;)

Jacqueline
January 14th, 2005, 19:49
So... Did anyone work on Pixel concepts during the break?

Will
January 14th, 2005, 21:24
the perfect mascots.

parklife
January 14th, 2005, 23:52
mooninites! aw yeeeah.

texas72shovelhead
January 15th, 2005, 18:42
too late to vote ?? I like turd sandwich

Bucket
January 15th, 2005, 22:42
No offense but those are pretty lame names for a mascot. Pixel? Maya? George?!

A good mascot should have a fun name. Pixel is just too common a word to be used for a mascot. And I'm not gonna even touch the other names.....

If you have to have a mascot with a common cg word then try linking or rhyming it with other words. Slurpy Sprite, CeeGee Mcgee.

You could also have something that is sort of an inside joke. Snoozy Q, Sleepless Lou, Brilliant Bob, Insomnia Sue..

Those are just examples of what you could be shooting for in a mascot name.

Will
January 15th, 2005, 23:45
I agree, we should name it, Will

Otaku_Zero
January 16th, 2005, 00:55
it's never too late to vote, and as for the lame names, all I can say is where were you when we were asking for the names? Those are some really good ideas, but it's not a great idea for us to be renaming our mascot everytime someone comes up with a better idea.

Jacqueline
January 18th, 2005, 22:07
No offense but those are pretty lame names for a mascot. Pixel? Maya? George?!

Pixel rocks. At least that is what the current majority vote says. ;)

Otaku_Zero
January 18th, 2005, 22:57
here's my shot at a drawing, but if you like it, someone please do something with the body, I don't even care what it is, just do something with it.

Jacqueline
January 19th, 2005, 01:33
Aww... That matches the raccoon's expression completely. Those eyes...

mojosalsa
January 19th, 2005, 21:52
off the subject...

Jackie, what does your sig mean?

Acording to the Altavista translation, it says:
You eat also the cake and increase are high

procrastinating as usual,
~sara

Otaku_Zero
January 19th, 2005, 23:57
I read her sig as "Do you also eat cake?" I'm not sure where Altavista is getting anything about "increase" and "high"

Jacqueline
January 20th, 2005, 00:11
Yep yep, Kevin is correct... Babel Fish can be quite amusing, it comes up with the weirdest stuff. :)