PDA

View Full Version : Im actually reading!

Zero Ska
November 29th, 2004, 08:03
I actually got a non-manga on Saturday. Its a gosh-darned hardback book. Granted it is the new George Carlin book, meh. I don't read books that often I am trying to change that.

- Zero Ska

hopper2k
November 29th, 2004, 08:25
yeah, i tried getting back into the reading habit during the summer. it didn't happen.

parklife
November 29th, 2004, 09:02
yay! reading is good for you! it makes you happy!

but yeah, I think one of the things that sucks about school is that you're usually either resigned to a) reading for a class or b) not reading at all. When I put off class stuff to read something, I feel like a slacker.

Right now it's Tunnel Visions by Christopher Ross, essentially a memoir about working with the crazies that ride the London Tube. I'm almost finished with The Executioner's Song by Norman Mailer, which is really good and also a downer, and my reward for finishing school is a bootleg copy of Seymour by JD Salinger, which I'll start after I graduate and won't have anything to do.

industrial_baby
November 29th, 2004, 20:16
Even though i fully intend to read it puts me to sleep so i just never read.

Except for the books my professors assign me in class ofcourse!!! ;)

Kelley

hopper2k
November 29th, 2004, 22:22
the only thing i read this summer:

http://www.topshelfcomix.com/catalog/covers/carnetvoyage_lg.gif

Bojack
November 30th, 2004, 01:28
The only thing I read this summer were some manga vollumes, and some domestic and foreign comics.

Zero Ska
November 30th, 2004, 08:53
Well, I read manga all of the time. I usually get like two or three volumes every paycheck.

- Zero Ska

Will
November 30th, 2004, 09:34
Well hey Zero, when you get back to reading Manga again, be sure to check out Love Hina (Love Hinata Inn) if you havent yet, I checked it a long time ago but its the Best freaking Manga I've ever read. THe anime show sucks, you dont get the same feeling of the characters as you do in the manga book, plus the Anime cuts out a lot of the integral parts that convey such feelings you produce for the characters. So give it a looksie if you havent already!

Joseph Blalock
November 30th, 2004, 09:46
reading? the only reading i do is on these forums...im so illiterate (and im sure i mis-spelled that)

Zero Ska
November 30th, 2004, 11:28
Well hey Zero, when you get back to reading Manga again, be sure to check out Love Hina (Love Hinata Inn) if you havent yet, I checked it a long time ago but its the Best freaking Manga I've ever read.
I actually am reading that now...well I have been reading it for the last year and a half. I only got Volume 3 last week. I am not gonna stop reading manga. I am juat gonna try to read an actual book in between. Next week is employee appreciation week @ Barnes and Noble so I am gonna get a whole-lotta manga.

I recomend Excel Saga and Sgt. Frog.

- Zero Ska