PDA

View Full Version : CGAUIW Summer Movie Group

ProfClayton
April 18th, 2003, 10:45
I'm proposing a little "Summer Movie Group." We used to do this when I was in college, and I think it might work here.

One thing that I really like to do is talk about movies, expecially ones that come out during the Summer months. I think it would be a cool idea that this summer when a major blackbuster opens, all that are interested should meet at a designated theater at a designated time and watch it as a group... and then maybe afterwards go somewhere, grab a bite to eat and talk about it.

Would y'all be interested in something like this?

Of course you have to pay your own way, it's not my treat. ;)

$8.00 too much for you? Did you know that there are discount student tickets for the Regal Cinema theaters available for purchase in Marion Hall?

$6.50 for unrestrcited tickets (any time, any day) or $5.50 for restricted tickets (not valid during evening hours on new movies for the first 10 days). I picked up a bunch over Christmas and they work just fine.

Some of the movies coming out this Summer that we would see:

Finding Nemo
The Matrix Reloaded
X-men 2
The Hulk
Pirates of the Carribean
Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life
Charlie's Angel: Full Throttle
... and many, many more!

Interested? Check the Poll above...

Overwrought
April 22nd, 2003, 10:08
sounds like fun but you should announce it in class.

phoenixrai
April 23rd, 2003, 15:51
it sounds like fun. but we should go to santikos theaters 'cause they have the best prices. from 4-6 on any day you can get tickets for $3.50-4.00 :D

--plus they also let you have free refills on all the drinks :) (not like you should be drinking so much during a movie--but anyways lol)

twilly880
April 23rd, 2003, 17:26
solid! awesome idea.... just a considerable date/time notice for those who might be working in the summer would be nice.

CustomEmotions
April 24th, 2003, 09:05
....will be there ....

ps: This is Baki by the way...

*** is in Details !

Professor Watkins
April 24th, 2003, 10:06
Originally posted by phoenixrai
it sounds like fun. but we should go to santikos theaters 'cause they have the best prices. from 4-6 on any day you can get tickets for $3.50-4.00 :D

--plus they also let you have free refills on all the drinks :) (not like you should be drinking so much during a movie--but anyways lol)

Agreed! Santikos is best. I like the Embassy Santikos as there's also a lot of places to eat right around there too.

Adam

ProfClayton
April 24th, 2003, 20:26
Santikos sounds good... where are they at? Is there one behind the Hobby Lobby on Bitters and West, near that Habenero Grill?

Edit: Split the discussion about censored words to the Feedback forum.

Professor Watkins
April 24th, 2003, 23:01
Yep. It's called Embassy Santikos, and Habaneros Grill would be a fun place to eat before or after the flick. We could also eat at the Wings Stop....

phoenixrai
April 25th, 2003, 03:11
Originally posted by Professor Watkins
Yep. It's called Embassy Santikos, and Habaneros Grill would be a fun place to eat before or after the flick. We could also eat at the Wings Stop....

Habanero Grill sounds good, but the Wings Stop kinda scares me--do they have more to offer than meat? (i've never been there before)

Cause i know i'm not the only vegetarian here ;)

Will
April 25th, 2003, 13:15
ho man, that would be soo cool. I'm in! I'll probably be able to see T3 with you guys since I'll be busy with the majority Summer session.

BigPoppaPump
April 25th, 2003, 13:38
Yo,

That sounds like a really good idea! count me in.

It sounds like fun, because not many people fully understand what it takes to develop and create cool movies like the "Hulk", the "Matrix", and LOTR! It would be really cool to sit there looking at some awesome digital affects, and later able to discuss the small things that an 3d designer can spot, or better yet a graphics designer in general.

.........Yo!!!!!

red_lion
April 28th, 2003, 09:37
i am looking forward to it, i hope i won't have to work any of the nights...look forward to seeing everyone, the movies, and the critiques that will follow...

eightballuiw
April 28th, 2003, 13:55
Having us watch movies would be a great idea over the summer. Embassy would be a great location. I have a friend that works at the Santiko's locations as a manger. I can see if he can get us some kind of discount as a group or something along those lines if you are interested.

ProfClayton
April 28th, 2003, 14:19
Originally posted by eightballuiw
I have a friend that works at the Santiko's locations as a manger. I can see if he can get us some kind of discount as a group or something along those lines if you are interested.
"Dat wood be gweat!" - Homestarrunner!

Professor Watkins
April 28th, 2003, 18:49
Just wanted to make sure everyone reading this thread knew about the thread of the first movie we're going to go see:

X-Men 2 - THis Saturday - Embassy Santikos (http://www.cgauiw.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=66)

Hope to see everyone there.