PDA

View Full Version : 6/11 - I finally saw Shrek 2

ProfClayton
June 11th, 2004, 13:24
**** stars easily!

Took the kids to see the 10:10 AM show this morning. Can you believe a kid's ticket is $5 now! Good grief!

Anyway...

Best movie I've seen all year. Very clever, well put together, and well written.

I could list all of the pop culture references in the film, but I don't want to spoil any of it for you.

Who has seen it?

aRTCy
June 12th, 2004, 10:18
I saw it Mike, but I don't share your enthusiasm about it. I thought the story lacked something. It was a cookie-cutter output from the first film and the music and dance numbers sucked. It completely disappoints at the end. The only thing that was good about it was the animation.

Jacqueline
June 15th, 2004, 22:55
The graphics were very nicely done. I did not like the first Shrek film, but this was better in my opinion. Less crude humor...

BigPoppaPump
June 16th, 2004, 12:16
I really enjoyed watching shrek2 and can honestly say that it was way better than shrek1. There was a scene in shrek2 that caused the whole audience to burst into laughter, because it was so dang funny! The animation was great! The story was better!

I am even thinking about buying shrek2 when it comes out on DVD.

Will
June 17th, 2004, 03:12
I'm gonna go with what Clark said. I loved all the subliminal adult jokes, which there were more then the first movie. Plus I love the White Bronco part, which I dont think many people remember so I'll just bring to their attention.

People laughed at that part cause it was obviously a parody of Cops, but it was also making fun of the OJ simpson trial, if anyone remembers the run away white bronco that was being chased for miles on the free way by a copter. .... that was my biggest laugh next to the thong, and the Cat nip. Other then that, the animation was superb. But the ending yes was dissappointing.

BigPoppaPump
June 17th, 2004, 08:44
It didn't have enough blood and chaos!

ProfClayton
June 17th, 2004, 09:30
That and when people die they turn to bubbles.

BigPoppaPump
June 17th, 2004, 09:31
AND....They get to go to Heaven!

Sam Treadway
June 21st, 2004, 10:12
I have to agree that Shrek 1 was way better. Dreamworks made major improvements in modeling and animation but as you can see it doesn't matter how good it LOOKS if the story sucks...and it did. I remember laughing my ars off the first time I watched Shrek 1. I anticipated the same kind of humor in Shrek 2. Their was quite a bit of humor...but it just wasn't that funny. The sequel always has to be better that the original.

Thomas Monberg Thompson
June 21st, 2004, 20:05
oh dear god peeps, puss's expression was timeless lol. Granted the story was lacking, so Id give it a thrill rating (bordering cheap). Something to watch to get your gut moving but dont have the time to really care for a good story.

Will
June 21st, 2004, 22:09
yeah well I had a blond moment today,

I was watching Shrek 1 for probably the 20th time I've seen it and I just now got the joke where Shrek goes

"So.. this is Lord Farquads place aye? (looking at the Ginormous Castle) You think maybe he might be compensating for something huh?"

ProfClayton
June 21st, 2004, 22:46
Originally posted by Will
"So.. this is Lord Farquads place aye? (looking at the Ginormous Castle) You think maybe he might be compensating for something huh?"
Are you saying he's... ahem... short?! ;)

Will
June 22nd, 2004, 18:11
I guess you can say in more then one way hah.