PDA

View Full Version : 6/4: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

ProfClayton
June 5th, 2004, 15:11
I'm on a roll... three for three this Summer.

Saw this show last night, and I'll admit right now that I haven't read the books yet (I'm about 150 pp into the first one), but I really have enjoyed the movies.

Alfonso Cuaron ("The Little Princess", "Y tu Mama Tambien") does wonders with the film. He gets alot of great acting out of the cast, both the kids (Radcliff, Grint, Watson) and the adults (Gambon, Coltraine, Thewlis, Oldman, Rickman, Thompson). He changes the layout of Hogwarts a it (location of the Womping Willow and Hagrid's Shack) but those are minor.

The movie is a bit darker and moodier, but flows pretty well.

The Hippogryph was a wonderful piece of CG work (a lot better than the centuar in the first movie).

The movie's about 2 hr 22 mins and it could have been longer and I wouldn't have minded much. Seems that they left alot out, but what they did use was great.

I'm gonna give it ***1/2 of **** (an A-) since I feel he overused the 'fuzzy-circle-fade-to-black' transition way to much that I really began to hate it.

Next Week: The Chronicles of Riddick... anyone wanna go?

Jacqueline
June 15th, 2004, 22:53
I loved it. The transitions were so artistic. I must see it again!

Will
June 17th, 2004, 03:15
Man I thought that movie was so cool, It was great I love the world of Harry Potter, its all about fun and adventure.