PDA

View Full Version : 5/28: The Day After Tomorrow

ProfClayton
May 29th, 2004, 01:51
For my birthday today, my wife and I went and saw The Day After Tomorrow.

The first hour was great... then, like everything else in the movie, it quickly froze over and became really slow and methodical.

Dennis Quaid and Jake Gyllenhall did well with what they were given (which wasn't much). Good performances from those two. Everything else was forgetable.

Great CG effects for the disaster scenes and the pacing was great... really kept you wanting more... then thhhhpppppptttt, it was done, and the emotions began to run (slowing down the story) right into the inevitable sweet ending...

Let me end with this... the crowd went nuts for the scene when the Americans are making a run for the Mexico border and they are being held back. Only in South Texas! :lol:

My grade: C (** of **** stars)

BigPoppaPump
June 16th, 2004, 13:42
I thought that scene was hilarious and so did the 400+ audience that attending the movie that night I went! Although these events might never happen in my lifetime, it puts things into perspective, and how we should try to make a difference about our environment. However that quickly faded away in the back of my mind, as I was driving home in my fossil fueled automobile! Oh well!! I can’t live without my automobile!