PDA

View Full Version : david sedaris

twilly880
April 16th, 2003, 09:47
i loved this book "naked" by david sedaris. he's very sarcastic and has a funny style of writing. plus this book is a series of personal essays. so with a stretch of truth, sedaris' life is worth looking at for an easy, funny and light reading during downtime!

ProfClayton
April 28th, 2003, 16:20
Moved this to "The Porch" as is this is general reading and not specific to Computer Graphics. -- MC

audview
April 29th, 2003, 14:14
actually im reading " me talk pretty one day" by david sedaris, and its pretty good. heard it was good so Ill let you know when Im done. although it might be a while since we have so much homework for mike. jk.

ProfClayton
April 30th, 2003, 22:32
I was listening to NPR on the way home from class tonight, and "This American Life" (w/ Ira Glass) was on... and they had David read his short story "My Poppa was no Rolling Stone".

I had nbever heard of him before this thread, but I listened to his segment (15 mins or so) and it was pretty funny... he's got a twisted perspective on life, but its rather funny.

I was how he believes that parent's live vicariously through their children when it comes to music... they never learn the instrument themselvesm so they sign their kids up for it.

It was hilarious... maybe I'll pick up one of his books this summer and read it.